5/8/22 Structure Fire on Kuhlmann Road
At 1:08 pm on Sunday, SW Polk Fire District was dispatched to a medical emergency on Ellendale that required an emergency ambulance transport. With career staff busy, our volunteers responded to a structure fire on Kuhlmann Road that was dispatched at 1:22 p.m. Volunteers responded from both the Rickreall and Salt Creek Community Fire Stations. Upon arrival, crews found a 15 X 15 shed engulfed in flame. They had been advised that propane and fuel were reportedly inside the structure. While crews were able to put out the fire, they were unable to save the shed and attached chicken coop due to minor explosions and delayed response time, as the career staff were detained on the medical call. There were no injuries reported.